Drive setup assistance????

Doc replied the topic: Re: Drive setup assistance????

Thanks Boatking,

I do have the older Shockwave (Yellow). I'm considering purchasing a BONZI rudder system and installing it offset on the transom. It sounds like this might correct the snap turn problem. The BONZI rudder also has two water pickups right in the rudder so I can separately cool the engine head and the exhaust manifold. My Shockwave came with a Zenoah G-23 and I'm upgrading to the BONZI G-26 with their modifications so this boat should be pretty fast. Any suggestions on a prop for a G-26?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

boatking replied the topic: Re: Drive setup assistance????

i tryed looking for that rudder and could not find it.if where me i would look at the duel rudder set up from topseceret boats im not shur a single rudder would work on that large of a boat(i never tryed a single rudder).i did read that any thing over 50in would need a duel rudder but im not shur on that.having the water pick up in the rudder is a good idea ,you can get rid of that water pick up that is in the trim tab(less drag)i dont know if putting a g260 in that boat is a good idea i put a bh hansen in mind and it went to hell (but i did not know much then)as far as a prop i would try the prop that is on there now(270)you could try some others like a x470 x670 x472 but seeing you have a sub surface drive i would not go over the x472(might be to big a prop).when ever you change something check the cg it might change.you r going to be limeted to what you can do but i think you can change the fuel system(going to a bag)if you r thinking about changing the engine mounts remember that boat has 6in rails(not 5in rails)the other thing is the th.cable you may want to go with linkage. good luck (boatking)

Doc replied the topic: Re: Drive setup assistance????

I have no vested interest in the company that I bought or will buy parts from bonzisports.com, but I find their products to be of high quality. Thanks for your input.

Lique_284 replied the topic: Drive setup assistance????

I have a question. How do you tighten the collet around the flex shaft? I have my two spanners that can fit the collet but i dont know how to tighten it.

marc replied the topic: Drive setup assistance????

The above replies to the initial poster pretty much cover it all... :)

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.