Power Spark

MATHO replied the topic: Re: Power Spark

HP: anywhere around or more than 20hp, no test rig for power measurements avail

Max Speed: this was the very first run w/o GPS, but some guys said must be around 90kph. I suppose with bigger props and no rev limiter she will run significantly over 100 kph (there is not speed target for me)

Rev limiter: brand new power house, should not rev too much, my fingers are allways extremely nervous at first runs and so the rev-limiter of power-spark brought my adrenalin level a bit down (but anyway much too high)

Why does nobody ask s.th. about fuel consumption and exhaust poisons??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marc replied the topic: Re: Power Spark

That is absolutely WILD!!!! Beautiful workmanship! Sounds awesome! I would love to try running something like that. Thank you for sharing!

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Scott replied the topic: Re: Power Spark

Starting on doing the "Power Spark" retrofit on the twin 520 this week.
Got my 6 cell 5000 mah battery, Castle Creations voltage regulator, connectors and wiring pretty much together now. Will share some pics as it gos together ;)

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats

Scott replied the topic: Re: Power Spark

Other priorities just got in the way, so just getting back to doing this now ... did however finally spend the day fooling around with the retrofit.

The Gizmo mount did need some cut away so "pickup" coil had clearance.
Overall a pretty simple change over tho some more serious wire harness issues needed to be addressed and built so a single battery can power radio gear and ignition both.

Ignition coils needed to be modified so they ARE NOT grounded to cases.
Actually EACH coil getes set up so it's Power lead and Ground { Now on a wire) go into the provided 'engine to PS" wire harness.
*Connectors used on wiring harness a mix of 2, 3 & 4 pin Molex types. ( Computer store access )

Master Wiring harness I have made takes the 6 cell battery power sitting in forward radio box and T's into radio box supplying power to a Voltage Regulator onto radio gear.
Then going out of the box forward into engine area powering "PowerSpark" unit.
Another 3 conductor wire runs the full length going from PS unit to Receiver so the ADVANCED programing options can be utilized like low voltage alerts, radio prompt failsafe & radio prompted kill switch etc ...

More pics to follow, need to go run my twin some more and simply can't until this conversions done :S

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.
Attachments:

Hot Rods replied the topic: Power Spark

We are using the Power Spark systems in our boats and love them! Through custom fabrication and the Power Spark, we are able to make very small, lightweight engines that contribute to better speed and handling. And the customer service is exceptional! Dennis

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.