JRCBD

Steve Seebold replied the topic: JRCBD

As much as I detested the way I have been treated by the admins on JRCBD, I am sad to see what has happened over there. All I can say is I hope they can get it up and running again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

danielplace1962 replied the topic: JRCBD

There is still a chance the Dock could be back.

It would be back already but Jim has lost all avenues to communicate with Alberto the IT guy that Jim used to host the site on his server. We are trying to locate Alberto and have him get back in touch with Jim so something can be resolved. Jim is the rightful owner of the Dock and all its information that has been compiled from it's many years of operation.

The mess started when the scumbags hacked the site. They installed programs that really wrecked havoc on the site and I heard they also got into the server itself and did something to it.

Alberto still has all the software, hardware and information along with all the passwords to access it all.

Jim is working feverishly to try and regain possession of the components needed to restore the dock.

I believe that while Jim could have just started fresh like the thercboatdock but he feels without all the years of posts and info that was stored was not what he wanted to do.

strictlybusiness1 replied the topic: JRCBD

Steve, I agree with your opinion about JRCBD. For me, this is a read only site.

Jim Allen

Bob DeCortin replied the topic: JRCBD

I've never been treated bad by the administrators on Jims (disagreed on occasion) but only treated bad by some of the members and they have been taken care of.Because of that I am behind Jim with what ever he wants to do whether it be restore what was there or start new.

jnissen replied the topic: JRCBD

Guys it's been a long time since i did an update. The site is up but it's only a shell at this time. The old posts are lost so that sucks. You will need to re-register to gain access. Yes I know it's a pain.

We are still trying to get the old database from our IT guy but he has been difficult to work with. The FTP account is no longer responding to any known password and a new password is promised but never comes. Unless I can gain a backup of the database we may never get all the old posts back.

Anyway more info back at the dock. www.jrcbd.com

Something isn't right, I tried to reregister and login and its not working.

I sincerely hope you aren't doing the stupid thing they do on other boards and discriminate against hotmail. accounts.

Ronald Olson replied the topic: JRCBD

Bob, I got registered but it took me a few tries. The site seems to be working a little better now and hopefully will as time progresses. Jim's still up doing a lot of work on the site. The 6 character word that I had to put in was very hard to read so I had to refresh it a few times to get one that was legible. One had letters overlaying others which made it hard to read or not knowing which one to put in first.. Keep trying.
Once you get registered you'll get a confirmation e-mail then Jim will want you to fill out your profile before getting site access.
Some sites don't like Hotmail or Yahoo! accounts as a lot of spammers use those. You can always use your regular ISP account until you get in the door then change it later.

I'm going to explain this one more time, broadband connections use gmail. That is your regular ISP email address.

I tried it again and seems top be working, it was funny last night when one time it said it didn't recognize the referrer I used Jim as the referrer.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.