JRCBD

Bob DeCortin replied the topic: JRCBD

You got a link?i can't find anything on jrcbd on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hendo replied the topic: JRCBD

Ronald Olson replied the topic: JRCBD

Or Jims RC Boat Dock, no apostrophe.

BMAD01 replied the topic: JRCBD

Settle down boys! I have it from a secure source the Dock WILL be back soon. Alberto is going thru an ugly divorce which has thrown a wrench in the Dock's comeback. It will happen. When? Me not know, but I was told it will happen. Personally I have found more time to work on other things not being on the computer so much. I'm converting a Ryobi 4cycle weedeater into a trolling motor to set buoys at the lake. Should be cool when it's done! Brian

Attachments:

Hot Rods replied the topic: JRCBD

Good project Brian!
I don't know how anyone could be very productive at all, when going through a bitter divorce. And ya know, I wouldn't be surprized if Jim, Mike, and Dom aren't very relieved to step away for a time. I'm sure sales are down quite a bit for a lot of the guys, but It can be a bit of a wake up call at the same time. I miss it, but wouldn't like to see it come back as "the same old, same old". I like the friendly but "tight" format that Marc has maintained here. And Dock or not, more guys are finding this a real nice place to frequent and maybe not "park" for hours and days at a time. End of novel LOL.
That "outboard" should be really cool Brian. Good on ya!

ridgerunner replied the topic: JRCBD

Brian,I made a motor for a Sevylor 8' inflatable I had from a Homelite and used a Minn Kota vanishing trolling motor prop on it. It wasn't fast but was better than rowing.I used a transom mounting bracket I got cheap from Ebay and got everything in place and it worked great.I wIish I would have had a brush cutter lower shaft like you have.

Attachments:

How cool is this! Got to post pics of the new project, and didn't have to start a new post! HAHAHA! My weedeater was a curved shaft unit like yours. I picked up the straight bottom shaft at Home Depot for $60.00. I got the whole conversion kit off Ebay for $100.00. The transom mount, prop, and a bunch of little doo dads along with killer instructions. Yours turned out very nice ridgerunner! Low budget and dependable! The motors the club out here has are junk! They never start and have been cobbled beyond belief! This little 13lb wonder should drop a couple jaws! HAHA! Brian

Thanks for the kind words Dennis!!

That long throttle handle on mine adjusts up and down and has a mini bike twist throttle on it.I sold the boat and motor as I was supposed to get a small bass boat with a motor on it ,but the deal fell through.I may get another boat and make another motor in the future.I think my next will have a modified water cooled motor with the exhaust exiting in the water.

Notice the blue thing in behind the prop.I don't know if you're using a trolling motor prop or not but I cut the bottom off of a dry gas container and clamped the bottle neck to the shaft to deflect the water as the boat is moving forward,to help reduce any drag caused by the back of the prop.

Also you're lucky that you bought a straight shaft for it as that 4 cycle trimmer has to be at a normal trimming angle for the engine to get oil for lubercation.I was thinking of that and called and talked to a Ryobi tech and he verified that. The curved shaft puts the engine at almost a vertical position,which didn't matter on the Homelite one I built.
Attachments:

I will be using a "Young" 2 blade prop that came with the kit.(5 9/16" dia.) It's aluminum and the hub on it is the same diameter as the hub on the drive unit. The drive unit has a 3/8" dia. shaft with a 5/8" hex at the bottom. The prop has a 3/8" hole and a 5/8" hex cast into the back of it to slide over the hex on the shaft. Nice drive dog I think! Just have to be careful not to bang into any rocks! Ain't no 1/8" roll pin to shear on this one. It could get ugly! YIKES!! I'm working on the tiller/throttle arm tonight. Brian

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.