IV Bags

HarleyLou created the topic: IV Bags

Hay Guys, the supplier that I was getting the Baxter IV Bags from no longer carry the Baxter brand. They have replaced them with Hospira brand IV Bags. Has anyone used them before? There made of a heavier material.

Thanks
Luis
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

riverrat417 replied the topic: IV Bags

I have used them it's a good bag.

lohring replied the topic: IV Bags

Standard IV bags get hard and leak over time. Bags designed for gasoline are available from BH Hanson, Insane, and others. See:
www.bhhanson.com/Parts_Accessories.htm
www.insaneboats.com/mm5/mercha...ode=10ozFuelBag
Lohring Miller

randyrap replied the topic: Re:IV Bags

I put in a new bag at the start of every season as part of my regular maintenance routine.

IMPBA # 14315 CD
Northern Lights Model Boat Club
www.nlmbc.org

danielplace1962 replied the topic: IV Bags

Most people know about and maybe even used the Dr. Bucks bags but you don't see many using them. Design is the issue there.
If they would just mold in some decent sized thicker nipples that didn't leak and put the mount in the front instead of the sides and they could own the gas bag market.

The material the Dr. Bucks bags are made of is great. The rest of the design of the bag not so great.
There have been reports of the nipples leaking with them also although of the ones have used the nipples didn't leak but just hate those long skinny floppy tubes. Of course you cut them down and stick brass in them.

If you just keep your bag free of air and vapor pockets when you store them in the boat they will last a long time. I have some that are three years old and still holding fuel and are not hardened. They are of coarse harder than when first filled but none of that crinkly plastic sounding hard at all.

Once IV bags have had fuel put in them then they must stay in full contact with wet liquid fuel. That means it must be checked everyday for the first few days you place the boat in storage and bleed off any air or fuel vapors that are expanding the bag. Once the temperature is stabilized and the boat isn't being shaken around it will no longer have to be monitored as closely and store a long time without the bag hardening.

If you leave it and don't watch it of course you should expect it will probably blow up like a balloon and be 3/4 full of fuel vapor. That is for sure going to harden the bag and the over pressure is going to work at the seams and cause it to leak.

You want to avoid ethanol.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.