Testing the New Propworks West Racers Edge Stainless 15-5 7217 2 blade Warpath Pro and Others

CC Racing Engines created the topic: Testing the New Propworks West Racers Edge Stainless 15-5 7217 2 blade Warpath

Guys,
I am very fortunate to be able to test props for Brent Daily at Propworks West even though sometimes it is a lot of work. A while back I posted about the new 7217 2 blade prop that Brent sent me to try on my rigger. Let me start off by saying that I have never been a rigger guy and most of the time I could care less if my rigger would hit the bank and flip on to the interstate and get rolled over by a big truck. Most of that dislike is because I hate how temperamental they are. Well I begged for a new prop for the riggers until Brent gave in built one and sent me a new prop that he built for Riggers. Of course I complained about having to work on my rigger:friendly_wink:, but I got my rigger ready and tested the next Sunday. As I posted before the prop was all that and a can of Tuna. It was smooth as glass pulled very hard through the corners and tracked perfect, it would even allow me to correct left with no problems. Well I sent the prop back and told him I wanted him to just take a tiny bit of pitch out for the hot weather and it should be perfect. He told me to keep it and he would send me another one with less pitch to test with. Well when it was time to test this weekend the weather was so terrible that nothing at the pond was really running fast and everyone was complainong about how far there boats were off from normal. That was not going to stop me from as I know if it will run in the nasty stuff it will fly in the good weather. I put the new 7217 prop on my rigger and even in this nasty weather the boat did everything it was supposed to do and has actually made me enjoy running my rigger. I may even start to tune on the pipe and carb to see how much faster I can make it. The boat is now predictable, consistent and fun to drive.

When I called Brent to give him the results he asked me to put the prop on my Whiplash GV Sport Hydro and see how it runs. I usually run a 6719 on my Whip and it runs really well. So I made a few laps with my 6719 just for a reference and brought the boat in. Well not wanting to mess up my new prop that works on my rigger I put the first 7217 prop that he sent me with a little more pitch on my Whip. Well I can tell you that I could not believe my eyes when I made the first lap and it was clearly much faster and quicker then my beloved 6719 especially in the miserably hot and nasty weather we were in the middle of. I called to give him the results and he asked me to put it on my Mono. I put it on my mono and it ran well but had the boat laboring a little because it just had a little too much pitch for my mono. I have never had a prop that I could put on all my boats and would run good. The only boat I have not tried it on is my cat and I think it will shine on that boat. When I get more time to test I am going to put it on my cat and figure out what Pitch I need.

I posted some videos below of this prop on different boats. I honestly believe this prop will work on any boat with just different pitch for each application. I am still amazed that it actually worked on all these boats. If you have a rigger that is giving you any type of trouble or a Sport hydro that needs some help you guys need to look into these props as they are just simply amazing. I give a big congrats to Brent for once again upping the bar for all of us.

Randy Corbin Testing the 7217 on his Eddies Warpath Pro

Duane Oldfield testing the 7217 on his Slingshot
docs.google.com/file/d/0B5Xs-p...M/preview?pli=1

Carlo testing on my Warpath Pro- 96 degree weather, 90% humidity on dead water
Warpath Pro with 7217

Carlo testing on glass whiplash- (This was the larger of the two I think the smaller one would have been much faster)
Whiplash GV with 7217

Testing On my LightSpeed mono (Had way too much pitch for my mono but still was not that bad it could easily be sent back to have some pitch taken out and it would be fast and smooth).
LightSpeed with7217

Randy's Warpath Pro with Propworks West Stainless 7217 2 blade Prop

Carlo

www.rcbwc.com

Ego Means Nothing
Talent Means Something
Heart Means Everything

Don't believe what you hear
Believe what you see.

Carlo Catalanotto
www.ccracingengines.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1-504-304-5077

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Testing the New Propworks West Racers Edge Stainless 15-5 7217 2 blade Warpath

Hey Carlo, I wouldn't repitch your prop. Raise it up and get more blade out of the water. Let it free wheel more. I raced big boats for years and we would run small diameter props with big pitch and spin the heck out of them. Imagine a 12 inch diameter 26 inch pitch prop spinning close to 9,000 RPM.

CC Racing Engines replied the topic: Testing the New Propworks West Racers Edge Stainless 15-5 7217 2 blade Warpath

Steve,
I did not repitch I ordered another prop. It is not good to raise the strut on a rigger it causes all kinds of problems. I did however put one of my new pipes on the boat to do some testing and then I did not have enough prop even with the bigger one that I had. Now I have another one coming with even more pitch then my original prop. All I can say is this Propworks West 7217 prop is deadly on my Warpath Pro Rigger and I am looking forward to racing it.

Here is the video from Sunday in 90 degree plus weather with humidity out the roof . This is the bigger of the props that I have, but with the new pipe it is not enough:
Click here to see video of Warpath Pro with Propworks West 7217 and new Monster V2 pipe

Carlo

www.rcbwc.com

Ego Means Nothing
Talent Means Something
Heart Means Everything

Believe what you see.

Carlo Catalanotto
www.ccracingengines.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1-504-304-5077

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Testing the New Propworks West Racers Edge Stainless 15-5 7217 2 blade Warpath

Sorry, I didn't realize you were running that prop on a rigger. I guess if I had seen the video earlier in the day and I wasn't half asleep I would have paid attention.

I have been waiting for a rigger from a local builder for almost 2 years. I think I'm gonna give up and just stick with monos. I have a couple of new engines I want to try anyway.

CC Racing Engines replied the topic: Testing the New Propworks West Racers Edge Stainless 15-5 7217 2 blade Warpath

Steve,
You should contact mark about one of these Warpath Pro Riggers. I think it is just as good if not better then any boat out there and the price is right. Use the recommended hardware and the turnfin that comes with the boat and you will have a winner on your hands.

Carlo

www.rcbwc.com

Ego Means Nothing
Talent Means Something
Heart Means Everything

Believe what you see.

Carlo Catalanotto
www.ccracingengines.com
1-504-304-5077

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.