Ballast

gixxer6 created the topic: Ballast

hi can anyone give me any ideas as to ballast in an apache 57" single engine and all other gear tuned pipe ect ect

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hot Rods replied the topic: Ballast

A 1000ml. IV bag ( same as fuel bag ) with any amount of water you need to put in it. It will fit almost anywhere.

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Ballast

I don't think water in an IV bag or tank of any kind isn't a good idea because WATER MOVES and will throw your balance off when the water gets rough or when you turn.

Hot Rods replied the topic: Ballast

Steve, you mean a bag of water will move around, sort of like a bag of FUEL? The bag would be secured in the bottom of an Apache V hull, and depending on the amount of water he needed, he could only use the size of bag nessesary.

Instead of criticizing someone else's ideas, how 'bout you offer the gentleman one of your own?
The following user(s) said Thank You: missnmoney

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: Ballast

A "better system" than a filled IV bag is to place lead weight inside the floatation noodles and tape the ends of noodles closed. Like Andy does from AC Boats.

You can change or vary the position of the weight inside the noodles by adding or removing weight and by moving the weight inside the noodle till you get what you need.

Some boats run better with weight only on one side - hard to do with a IV bag especially one so big.

It's not my idea it comes from AC Boats.

Dennis you seem to have no problem criticizing me on here - if you don't want people to comment (which is what Steve did) then simple DON'T Post. Not all of us are internet experts some actually learn from running boats.

Maybe post a video or two of Your boats ACTALLY running. :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers

Randy

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwPZIU4nBUUk1CG0xf3TnQ
The following user(s) said Thank You: missnmoney

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.