Hull and Motor Identification

aweb25 created the topic: Hull and Motor Identification

I bought a RC boat lot off kijiji awhile ago with four hulls, three motors and a bunch of hardware and electronics. I'm trying to put together one of the boats that came in the lot and I'm at the step of sanding the hull and patching holes. My question is does anyone recognize the hill? It's 42" long and the seller said it was a nitro hull originally.

Ignore the gray strips on the bottom, the stand had weatherstripping that stuck to the bottom.

And I was wondering if anyone knows what brand the motor is, I have two complete and running, but I can't find serial, model or brand stamped on the motor anywhere. I was told by the seller it was a 25cc. I googled motors and found a couple pictures in the "how-to" section here, I think it was the choosing a trimmer motor in the spark plug section. My problem is I have the other one ripped apart as I'm making a water jacket for it and want to order rings and gaskets for it but no idea what brand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bob DeCortin replied the topic: Hull and Motor Identification

The plastic case is yellow under the paint, most likely a Macculloch.

dwr9 replied the topic: Hull and Motor Identification

The hull looks like it may be a Twincraft.

aweb25 replied the topic: Hull and Motor Identification

Yeah thanks guys I've ID'd Both the motor and hull

marc replied the topic: Re:Hull and Motor Identification

Yes, sure looks like a Twincraft... I had one as my first gasser and liked it a lot. Fun boat! Drop a little Zenoah or similar in there and it will be a blast! I ran a 23 putty motor in mine and it was cool to play with at the cottage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

aweb25 replied the topic: Hull and Motor Identification

Yeah that's all it's going to be for until I get around to building another one, the 22cc was apparently ported/polished. I don't know if the guy knew what he was doing but I'm told he raced here in london. do I have to sand right down to the fiberglass to repair the hull or is it ok to fiberglass on the gelcoat?

marc replied the topic: Hull and Motor Identification

Just remove all loose gelcoat and sand for good adhesion...clean with acetone and repair. No need to remove all gelcoat, just whatever isn't sound.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

aweb25 replied the topic: Re:Hull and Motor Identification

Thanks mark

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.