rudder

gixxer6 created the topic: rudder

hi can anyone give me some help on rudder depth below bottom of the hull its on a 57" apache if that makes any difference ?? i guess this is all subjective but any input welcome

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hot Rods replied the topic: rudder

If you have your V on a flat table with the transom slightly over the edge, lay the boat on the port ( left ) side. Holding the rudder on the transom, you can see how much blade needs to be in the water ( below the table top ) for control turning left. Most times it works out to around 2 1/2" below the keel when the boat is upright. But that isn't set in stone. For good control, it's best to leave the rudder blade full length.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marc

noworknguy replied the topic: rudder

I don't completely understand! Hold the rudder where on the transom> Thanks in advance.

Hot Rods replied the topic: rudder

He asked how far down the rudder needs to be on a V. So when positioned at 2 1/2" to starboard of the drive, the way 95% of our hulls are, he can then adjust the rudder mount height on the transom, to whatever amount of rudder blade needs to be in the water for a left turn. This puts plenty of rudder in the water for straight running or right turns.

noworknguy replied the topic: rudder

I understand. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.