prop size

gzee replied the topic: prop size

this is a vid of the boat .The guy does not know what prop he was running when this was taken.After i got it had the walbro 257 carb redone and tried to get it running. I have setup E/L boats this is my first gas First off i had the strut too low so any other suggestions will be appreciated Next will be getting the right prop .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hot Rods replied the topic: prop size

I don't have any idea how much you know about gas engines. The boat in the vid was powered by a Zenoah. If he sold it to you with a QD in it, there's no way of knowing the condition of the motor ( without a tear down ). If the motor is good, the carb needles may be way off, or the tuned pipe may not be adjusted properly.
I wouldn't be spending any money on props, until you can get everything working well on the one you have.

Todd replied the topic: prop size

257 carbs have issues on the top end when you really scream the engine. If the engine does not have a remote pulse line to the carb? You may be suffering from lack of fuel on top end also. Any way to get pictures of the inside of the hull for us to see the layout of everything?

Todd

Quickdraw

not having any luck getting the pics to you
still trying
thanks

i can e mail them if that works for you

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.