Aeromarine Conquest

marc replied the topic: Re:Aeromarine Conquest

Here is a short clip of it tonight...with strut at 9/16 up...holding speed much better in turns even thought the water was extremely calm. Only heat race conditions will truly tell! I will most definitely post results...Northern Nationals are coming up at the end of the month! :)

Click here for the VIDEO

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The boat ended up doing very well in London at the Northern Nats. Gary Owens from Texas was driving it and ended up 2nd overall with all first places except for the first heat when the collet came undone...we still haven't found the person responsible for this! :laugh:

"

bradi replied the topic: Re:Aeromarine Conquest

Marc's Conquest performed well at the nats. Didn't see any bad habits. However, I did notice two other Conquests barrel roll in the corners. Not sure why they did this?

I tested my Conquest today and it traded ends in the corners on 2 different occasions. Strut depth 3/16\" C/G 35%, BA 6717-3 20. I figure the boat was running too wet and bow steered in the corner. Going to re-test with higher strut 9/16\".
55 mph on first run just before the flex drive overheated (near the motor) and gave out. It was greased so not sure why other than the fact that I didn't get enough grease on it or it was simply a defective cable?

edit: After closer inspection flex did not overheat. So far have been unable to determine the cause of flex drive failure.

I have just received news that Gary Owens (the new owner of the Conquest reviewed in this article) has won 1rst place in LS27 at the Voodoo Sport Hydro Shootout in Louisiana. With all the tough competition at that race, this just comes to confirm that the setup shown works! Gary is an awesome driver and I am glad he put the boat to the test as he did. Congratulations Gary!

"

david36pt replied the topic: Aeromarine Conquest

Hi Marc
Need your help I Buy an hull in 2 hand one ,I m not shure what hull it his :
An conquest or an avenger.I have an RCMK RZ254 to put on him , but I need reconstrucion of the hull and cg and i don t have Set up instrucions.
Do you have an PDF of them?
Can you advise an CG for this hull with the RCMK
Many thanks
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

marc replied the topic: Re: Aeromarine Conquest

That's an Avenger with a pro style hatch from what I can see. It should run good with the same basic setup as shown in this article: www.modelgasboats.com/Magazine...e_Conquest.html

If you decide to go with an outboard strut that's ok, but keep the prop as close as possible to the transom and try to have the leading edge of the strut about even with the trailing edge of the prop. Shoot for a CG in the 33-34% range dry. :)

"

david36pt replied the topic: Aeromarine Conquest

Hi
Can you guet me set up instrucions??
Regards

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.