carb settings on 257 walbro

marc replied the topic: Re:carb settings on 257 walbro

I am not familiar with the WT285...I did find however that it has a larger bore than the 813 and 257 which are 12.7mm while this one is 13.49mm. It seems to have an accelerator pump like the 813. It might be an interesting carb on a strong modified engine but I have never tried one to know for sure...might have to find one to try.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

seahawkwa replied the topic: Re:carb settings on 257 walbro

yes well what i gess ill do is fit it up next time im out with the boat and ill try it out. but i am just waiting to get a new tinitac on waranty as my old one dyed and ill hoke it up and see if it makes enny performace diffrents to the other carb.
somone reconds it will work better . but then somone also sead that it might be hard to tune into.
im finding with the 257 that the neadles keep moving so ive put some fuel line over then and clamping a cable tye snugly not to tite(as ive read people do this).. . to see if that stops them moving.

well i still cant seem to get this 257 carb going right , if i get it set right i start it go out onto the lake do one or two laps the motor hits full revs and gets on the pipe even with the 7016-2 prop on . then you can back of and then go full and it opens up and screems flat out and goes. then by about the thert or fith lap it slows down like its only at half thotal . some times it picks the revs back up to full or it boggs down even more. or some times you slow down and it will open up to thotal . or it will slow right down and stall. you can then get boat back on land start it up move the neadle a little bit run it and it will go great then it just seems to loose top speed or it slows like to 1/2 throtal then you can slow down and it might go good for a bit ...
ive cleaned out carb checked neadle and seat, cleaned carb out with carb clean. changed fuel line /and air vent line. . tryed removing inline filter changed fuel line size .and lenths. changed spark plug...
im running 16 to 1 fuel .is this to rich oil and would that cause it ??????.
fuel is fresh. it seems to do simaler as befor . when it was ran on difrent fuel the week befor. but stange thing is i can get one or two laps in it going full speed realy going then next thing it slows down. then somtimes pics up . or bogs down. then stop it re fuel it tuch the neadle a verry smal adjustment re clam dedles so thay dont more . go out and it dose the same thing goes flat out then goes sluggish . then flat out then slugish. ive tryed the H richer and the H lower .still dose it tryed the L richer the L leaner.still did the same
ive checked every thing on motor and carb . gess ill just ditch this carb and try the pumper carb i have.
would this carb be running out of fuel seeing the intake port on my motor has been opened up .i rely cant work this out....haha

seahawkwa wrote:
enny one know what might be causing this problem....
i will now take the carb of and try running the pumper carb i gess.
i cant work out why one min the carb works great and then a min later it runns like crap...

Sounds like your engine is overheating. Check to make sure you are getting proper cooling at all times....

"

hi marc, ive got 3 water inlets one for head one for manafold and one for manfold on pipe. ive checked all the water out lets on runns past and all seem to be having lots of water exiting them. ive also got larger aluminum fittings then brass ones on the water pic ups under the hull. have tryed running motor with hatch lid off and dose the same thing. . one thing im noticing is that no matter what setting i do on the nedales im not getting enny faling up or oil build up on the plug like running rich but when i do richen it up it turns into a slug and dosent go at all . but putts around . motor idles fine and starts ok.
also talking to i think will on the chat room ive just orded a new iso block alminum will try that with also a difrent carb.on it. and hope that this solves it ..its realy bugging me that very one els a the lake seems to have no problem with there carb /motor just cant get this one dilled in to work. there must be somthing doing somthing . i will keep trying difrent things out....

An air leak at the manifold, or somewhere else, can definitely be causing problems.

"

w

what are your thorts on stuffer cranks placed into zeno. i know ill have to do the bit of sanding to install . but that seens easy to do . been reading those articals from scott in engine mods etc.

also thanks marc for your help and info ,and to others that have made good comments and input...cheers B)

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.