WT 929 & 771

Stegy created the topic: WT 929 & 771

Well expert boaters,

I would like to hear your opinion on these 2 carbs.
I found them pretty cheap online and before purchase I would like to know if anyone tested them back to back with 668 or 603 carbs and what's the difference.
Fuel comsumption, better throttle response (spool up time)...

Any info is helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marc replied the topic: Re:WT 929 & 771

I can't be of much help on this one...the only ones I use really are the 257 and 813 pumper. I've used 644s in the past too. I think Scott has some experience on those you mention. Those are carbs supplied with RCMK and CY engines if not mistaking. 929 with RCMK and 771 with CY.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Scott replied the topic: Re:WT 929 & 771

Those two and my ever dwindling stash of 488's is all I personally use.
primary reason is the use of the smaller inlet needle that far more accurately gets on and off it's seat offering better high rpm metering stability. at 18K rpm the needle lifts replacing used fuel and reseating 300 times per second !! .... The larger needle like you find in 257's does work generally quite well until rpm get up above 17k or so. I have worked with quite a few guys with modified engines from many modifiers that were not happy with how engines ran with 257's when really wound up hard, suggesting switching to the 771 or 929 carb in all cases have made them happier.

Success speaks volumes ;)

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

Stegy replied the topic: Re: WT 929 & 771

Thanks,

I've had problems with bogging on 2 engines, and just ordered these 2 carbs.

Even do I'm surprised that boat engines arent reving past 20k rpm.

Highest rpm I've got from G260RC engine was 24600rpm, and from 260 with reed case was 25500rpm.

Stegy replied the topic: Re:WT 929 & 771

Scott wrote:
Yes, with 257 carb versus 603 or 668 I got much better throttle response, but when the engine is on normal working temps, on the table it spins normally, but on the track it seems to bog when full throttle is pushed out of the turns, and none of the carb adjustments didnt help.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.