converting a zenoah g26 air to marine

rotccapt created the topic: converting a zenoah g26 air to marine

hi all i have a zenoah g26 aircraft engine that i would like to use on my first boat.

currently the engine is running without the flywheel or mag ignition because i converted it to electronic ignition.

so i assume i will need to convert back to mag igniton and add the pull start i am preatty sure i still have the mag/flywheel but i will need a new pickup and coil. i also assume i will need to remove the aircraft hub, i have no idea how to do this though

so what else would i need to do to the motor to use it in my boat.

thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scott replied the topic: Re: converting a zenoah g26 air to marine

Engine NEEDS to have a flywheel for boat use.
Not seen the Aircraft case set to see if the coil mount area ( Red or Black primary coil ) area is still intact or cut off ?

Got pictures ??? ... post em if you do.

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

rotccapt replied the topic: Re: converting a zenoah g26 air to marine

the case has been untouched i just removed the flywheel, black source coil,and gray secondary coil and installed a magnet and pickup for the EI unit. from my reaserch the crankshaft is the same for both the air and marine engine, also the mag/flyweel is the same. so from what i can tell all that would be required is to turn down the cooling fins for the water jacket, remove prop hub and shaft, reinstall magnito and coils, install pull start, and mount

Inexpensive as the 260 PUM ( Watercooled ) cylinders are @ $35 and a water jacket @ $15, o-rings and screws, would do that before paying a machine shop to remove fins and make a water cap along with a way in securing it ;)

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...

No place in particular ... seldom need an OEM one typically using after market types.
Price given fairly generic from prices I have seen them going for $$ wise.

where are you finding the cylinders and water jacket for that price. all i have been able to find is around 70 for the cylinder and 50 for waterjacket

ZeN parts: www.americanrcboats.com/produc...engzenparts.htm

Best deals the entire top end kit minus piston for $55
www.americanrcboats.com/images...en260topkit.jpg

thanks for that informantion that is the best prices i have found for the parts i may need to get this engine running

well i got the engine off the plane and removed the prop shaft and prop hub. so after setting the motor in the hull i dont think i will be ablew to use a pull starter on this project. so i was doing a bit of research and i found a starter pulley/collet assy here www.rossisales.com/gasboats.html. how do you mount the collet on the engine?

Easier yet is using the ZIP-KITS collet with pulley and an electric starter.

See:

This is your final connection to prop drive cable on engine PTO end.
Just omit starter assembly on Mag side and your good to go.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.