Economical Flexshafts

ridgerunner created the topic: Economical Flexshafts

As a cheap alternative to buying 1/4" square end flexshafts from a dealer,try using ones from gas trimmers,that are no longer running.These are long enough to get two r/c boat flexshafts as they are squared at each end. If you need one or more I have some cheap $5.00 US plus shipping.Will be shipped coiled up.PM for details and a shipping quote.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Economical Flexshafts

You can also go to your local Home Depot or Lowes in their garden section and buy them for about $10.00. Then they're a lot easier to solder into the ferrule on your old shaft because they're not covered in grease.

ridgerunner replied the topic: Economical Flexshafts

I've been in both places looking for them and the local Lowes and Home Depot doesn't carry them.If they did a new flexshaft this long wouldn't be $10. I've gotten most of the grease off,by soaking them,spraying and wiping,but would still need more cleaning and polish the end that gets solder with fine sandpaper.I quit soldering since I started to use Loctite 648.Also since I don't solder anymore I switched to stainless steel ferrules.

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Economical Flexshafts

I have also gotten them at lawnmower repair shops. Last time I bought them was about 10 years ago and I bought a dozen of them.

Oicu812 replied the topic: Economical Flexshafts

Do have any of the flex shafts if so how much would you sell for or info
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. thanks

They're $5.00 plus shipping.You can get two shafts with a square end out of each one. PM how many you're interested in and your zipcode or location.

Ronald Olson replied the topic: Economical Flexshafts

You're trying to sell some but go around at trash pick-up time and you can find weedeaters that have been tossed to the curb.
Any that you get need to be thoroughly cleaned before any solder is applied.

Seems like every site I try to sell these,someone chimes in and says to check repair shops,salvage yards and at the curb. I found a couple at a salvage yard before they quit selling the trimmers to people and one or two at the curb,but most I got from putting an add in a local sales site and people contacted me. Some I got free and others I had to pay a small fee for.Maybe some people don't want to go look for them at garbage day or maybe the local repair shop doesn't have any,but will sell you an expensive new one.I haven't sold one of these as of yet. Might as well keep a couple for myself and throw the others in the dumpster.

Bob DeCortin replied the topic: Economical Flexshafts

I pay $8.68 for a new expensive one. It gives me 2 square end cables for a whopping $4.34

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.