× Pictures, videos, questions and/or comments about MGB products. Share your builds and feedback.

MGB Warpath Rigger

marc created the topic: MGB Warpath Rigger

** This thread discusses the content article: MGB Warpath Rigger **

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: Re: MGB Warpath Rigger

Marc
Thanks for adding me to 'list' can you tell me if there is any video of this hull racing / running

I like the looks ... looks like a jr. to Scott's new animal

Thanks

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwPZIU4nBUUk1CG0xf3TnQ

marc replied the topic: Re: MGB Warpath Rigger

Randy, unfortunately I never took any video of the boat running. I was too busy testing to be honest, and never really thought of it. I hadn't planned on producing the hulls to sell, this just kind of happened. I am sending one to Scott and one to Will for them to run. Hopefully one of them can take some video and give good feedback. I myself really love the boat. I used to run a Cajun Bullet, which I also liked a lot, and I can say I like this one better. I took it to London this summer at the Northern Nats and really beat up on it, staying off the starts just to stay behind in the rough stuff and play catch-up just to see what it could handle and I was really satisfied with the performance and handling. I was running against some strong boats, including the Grim Reaper, a Rico and an Eagle SGX so it was no give-away. I'm not gonna claim it was faster than the others, it wasn't, but it held it's own and that made me a very happy guy! I'm hoping Scott and Will will be able to further tweak the setup to get the most out of the boat. These two guys are seasoned rigger guys. I, like you, have to wait a few months still before I can get back at it unfortunately! During my testing this summer, my Warpath ran 69-72 mph in heat race trim and finished all heats I raced it in except for one when I made a dumb move because of a dead boat in front of me. Live and learn!

"

Scott replied the topic: Re: MGB Warpath Rigger

So that's the production Warpath :woohoo: .... remember making comment of all the influences noted when you had first shared the design last year.
If hull has the increased stability of running rear shoes while having a bit more footprint up front than the MW ? How can it not be a great heat racing combo !!

Really looking forward to something new and not so cookie cutter typical for my single engine racer .... 2011 indeed should be a banner year for a lot of new hull designs hitting the water.

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

Thanks then I'll be in good company to ask questions 'cause yours will be my first rigger and first wood build from a kit .... it's the first one I liked (style and shape) that was reasonable priced

and I know there is lots of thought and experience in in B)

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats

Hey Marc ... ah thanks for the new bandsaw .......... B) B)

I was at Sears today and tools sale on ........

I told my wife I it says in the instructions for that new hull (Warpath) I could use a bandsaw ... mine is getting worn out .... can | grab a new one ?? (I patiently waited to ask 'the question' till she was distracted by new curtains on display)

Ya sure was answer

Ya baby new Sears 70" bandsaw ................ :cheer: :cheer:

Oh and new kitchen curtains .... :laugh:

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats wrote:
That's what I use...the Sears 70"...great little saw! :)

"

Manual has been added to the site. They will not be systematically supplied with the kits, so please download and print it.

www.modelgasboats.com/images/s...ructions_R1.pdf

"

Scott replied the topic: Re: MGB Warpath Rigger

Marc,
Plans look very comprehension in detail and information ... Nice job :cheer:

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

Scott wrote:
Thank you Scott...appreciate it coming from you!

Turns out it's very easy to build accurately for a rigger. Making it so and keeping it structurally strong was a little bit of a challenge, but I'm really happy with the way it turns out. I've built 3 of the kits so far and of course learned a few things and adjusted along the way. The kits that are being produces will yield very nice and strong outriggers.

"

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.