Who Makes A Good Outrigger?

GetCrazy created the topic: Who Makes A Good Outrigger?

just wondering who makes the best outrigger kit?
I see that aeromarine makes one,do you have any input on outrigger hulls or have any pics of the aeromarine rigger?

Thanks guys
George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marc replied the topic: Re:Who Makes A Good Outrigger?

I really love Aeromarine hulls, but to the best of my knowledge their rigger is not really a competitive design in racing.

For racing riggers, you can look into Rico Boats, Cajun Bullet, Hurricane Riggers, Midwest Riggers, just to name a few.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Scott replied the topic: Re:Who Makes A Good Outrigger?

:woohoo: In recent years Gas engines have really made enough gains in power that ALL the gas class boats have gotten to be quite popular.

Riggers as one of these hull class's still fall into the realm of Exotics no matter the power source.

What I would ask you is if your intent is too RACE your gas rigger? ... Or use it as a speed boat just fooling around?

Reason for this is pretty simple, riggers are pretty use specific hulls, but differ greatly between builders and there designs on what degree of water quality (Roughness / Smoothness) they require or will tolerate.

Whats your intended use?
What part of the country you run in?

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

GetCrazy replied the topic: Re:Who Makes A Good Outrigger?

well to tell u the truth i dont think im ready for racing yet but it is a posabilty
i was a nitro runner but looking into gas not sure what i want to build, i want speed thats for sure but i want good handling to,i live in key west,fl water all around me,i wanted to setup a nitro 45 but im having a hard time finding good race worthy engines any help on this would be nice too, i just love the high rpm nitro motors peaking out at 36,000 rpm ,fun boats.:)

Scott replied the topic: Re:Who Makes A Good Outrigger?

In your environment, would think you would get far more use and enjoyment from a Race caliber mono hull. You would still be in the upper 50's to 60ish and able to run in the smooth or rough water, able to turn right or left near equal.

Next would be a CAT, a tad faster, but not able to take the more open water a mono does.

Riggers or Sport hydros are RIGHT turn ONLY boats requiring pretty smooth water overall.

JMHO
Scott

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

marc replied the topic: Re:Who Makes A Good Outrigger?

I agree with Scott, BUT if you are set on getting a rigger, I would consider a Rico rigger...in my opinion they are probably the best rough water riggers out there. The quality is superb and they are located in Florida.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

mitchesx replied the topic: Re:Who Makes A Good Outrigger?

Marc and Scott gave you sound advice, George. I bought a rigger from a guy in FL, the hull runs good and fast, but I worry when it gets choppy. The carbon fibre booms take a pounding, and I have had them break already. This is a custom built boat, so its not like I can call and order a set from just anywhere, and trying to drill holes in booms is not as easy as it sounds. If you built a ntro 45 rigger, OPS is an option, although not everyone would agree. I run them in two of the nitro boats I have left, and I have both the drum and disk rotor versions. They're reliable, but my only complaints about them are the stock OEM bearings are junk, and should be replaced with BOCA high temp hi speed, and the exhaust temp even with the water cooled exhaust is high. Definetly need two water pickups on them. AND always check your set screw in the pin and clearance around the disk in that version! Oh yeah - the MAC motors are awesome! I had a 21, and it screamed! They're well built, turn high RPM and are great in stock form.

so u think a mono would be better to run in my area,i really wanted a hydro or a rigger but if its gona be crazy in the slightly rough water we have a ski rink here in key west that stays pretty flat most of the time so thats why i was looking for a hydro but i can also setup 2 different hulls for different conditions.:P

where can i find MAC engines?

mitchesx replied the topic: Re:Who Makes A Good Outrigger?

You can find the MAC motors from CMDI Racing (Andy Brown) www.cmdracing.com, or on ebay. They're pretty pricey - but for nitro - worth it!

Ive been trying to contact cmdi but i never get an answer emailed them and no answer
i wonder if they are closed up or taking time off but ive tryed calling them for a week now and nothing.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.