45" Mono Revival

Motorboater replied the topic: 45" Mono Revival

You should be happy, that looks great! I like the rudder servo mounted into the rail like that, and the flat black highlights are a nice touch. What type of battery is that in there, is that a charging jack for it on the lower right hand side?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SRI Motorsports replied the topic: 45" Mono Revival

I appreciate the kind words. The radio box is now setup differently then the pic shown. That was only a mockup. Give me roughly 30 min and I will get a current picture. The pack comes out of the box and has a slide off backing plate that covers 4 lithium AA batteries. That lead you see is for the RX and the deans connector is for my power spark ign module. Batteries can be changed in 5min or less. The pack has a built in switch to turn it off, the switch also turns off the ign. A custom harness was made for the ign.

Peter Somers
SRI Motorsports

Lazer 40 LSG27 + LSG36 SAW
Attachments:

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: 45" Mono Revival

I run the Hi Tec WP series as well since last summer I started switching over

I make my own servo boxes and just use simple top mounts
Have had good luck so far - we will have 5 boats this year with same type servo's

Cheers

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwPZIU4nBUUk1CG0xf3TnQ

Second run at the pond, and I was starting to enjoy myself a little too much. You know, bringing it into the bank doing sharp turns and getting a buzz from all the spray :laugh: . Long story short, I hit the bank hard and managed a few barrel rolls. The strut got kicked back and the prop shaft snapped. I found the broken shaft and prop about 20m from where it hit. Few stress cracks on the deck and part of the hull but nothing to worry about.
Only thing that really bothered me, was not getting it on tape. Love a good crash.
Anyway, what was an important learning lesson for me was the value of those little brass shear bolts on our rudders. It did it's job as it should, saving the transom in the process. Another thing I noticed besides the bent rudder pushrod, was that the plastic servo horn broke on the steering servo. I'm wondering what further damage might have occurred if I'd had one of those fancy billet ones?
Since I had to fix the damage to the boat, I made a provision for getting to the back of the radio box at the same time.
Straight back out on the water once ready and have found that the 7014 two blader seems to be the prop that it's happiest pushing. That flat spot I spoke of was only the low speed needle out of adjustment as you guys stated might be the case earlier. I'll have to look at one of those needle clamps I think.

Noticed that my muffler cooling flange wasn't spitting much water out of the side outlet, well none actually. Backed out the bleed screw at the top and peered in to find it riddled with swarf. This was only a portion of what I pulled out. Easy fix but thought I'd share just in case anyone else runs into the same problem. Another good reason to run the outlets where they can easily be seen I've found.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.