Y-Harness Switch

IMPBA3548 created the topic: Y-Harness Switch

** This thread discusses the Content article: Y-Harness Switch **

The toggle switch is waterproof without a rubber boot.

mike sr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marc replied the topic: Re:Y-Harness Switch

Really? Sure doesn't look like it, but looks can be deceiving! Sure wish I'd know about that. I will put this one to the test and see. Thanks Mike.

ps. If you have tech specs on this switch I would be interested in seeing them.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

I just put the switch to a quick water test and also took it apart to see how it was made inside. I stick with my initial comments on it. It is a very good quality switch that will mostly likely limit water infiltration, but I cannot say that it is a waterproof switch. The terminal side of the switch is sealed, but water can get in by the shaft which is outside the box and out through the sides of the switch which are inside the box. Mind you this would be minimal infiltration. :) I still think a boot would be nice.

"

IMPBA3548 replied the topic: Re:Y-Harness Switch

I wont swear to that particular one but the ones I use from speedmaster are advertised as waterproof, there is a small oring on the spring loaded locking bat handle. The ones I saw look identical except they are double pole double throw center off, mine are single pole.

I have used them for 4 years and none have failed yet and I run and dunk a lot, so they get wet quite often.

Was there an oring on the bat handle?

mike sr

this is a link to the speedmaster page its listed on.

rossisales.com/otherprodnew.html

I use this one exclusively in all my boats.Just the bare toggle handle sticking out, no boot of any kind.

mike sr

:side:

This is the switch that I use Mark, the nut is homemade as I dont like the ones that come with it, I seal it to the lid with silicone only (no oring).
The leads are soldered on, heatshrink applied, and coated with shoo goo for strain relief. The extra plug is for charging. The switch position can be reversed, just switch plugs to the receiver.

mike sr
Attachments:

be sure to loctite the little cap on the bat handle, just a minute amount of it though, it will vibrate off if you dont..

mike sr

You know what...after closer inspection you are in fact correct. This switch should hold up to water...yes there is an oring in there and it will hold up to water just as good and anything else we use to seal other parts/components of the radio box. Thank you very much for pointing this out... I will update the article!

"

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.