XPS 2.4GHz Radio System

CC Racing Engines created the topic: XPS 2.4GHz Radio System

** This thread discusses the Content article: XPS 2.4GHz Radio System **

mArc,
I have also been running this system in all my boats with no problems whatsoever. I am spoiled now and will never go back.

www.rcbwc.com

Ego Means Nothing
Talent Means Something
Heart Means Everything

Don't believe what you hear
Believe what you see.

Carlo Catalanotto
www.ccracingengines.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1-504-304-5077

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Piratefish replied the topic: Re:XPS 2.4GHz Radio System

Hey I dont know if im doing this right,but here it goes. I was told that 2.4 didnt work for watercraft??? I have been out of the sport for about nine years and am looking to upgrade my Futaba radio.

marc replied the topic: Re:XPS 2.4GHz Radio System

The XPS 2.4 is working fine for me as well as many others! :)

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Piratefish replied the topic: Re:XPS 2.4GHz Radio System

Thanks

I think ill give it a try!

Dave

BillSOCAL replied the topic: Re:XPS 2.4GHz Radio System

The chart shown in the review which is a direct copy of the chart XPS has on their web site contains errors.

With respect to boats:

Futaba FASST 3 and 4 channel systems offer failsafe on ALL channels. In PPM mode you need to set it each time. In HRS mode the radio remembers the failsafe setting. The chart says Futaba does not offer this.

Futaba offers two 3-channel FASST receivers, the 603FF and 603FS. Both have a single external antenna. Again the chart says that only XPS has a single antenna and that Futaba does not have 3-channel receivers. The 603FS has a second internal antenna.

Folks interested in XPS can do some research on RC Universe and RC Groups. There are numerous threads discussing the system.

marc replied the topic: Re:XPS 2.4GHz Radio System

Absolutely, the chart in the article was taken from the XPS website...never said otherwise. :) If their are errors thank you for pointing them out. As for what the folks over on other sites are saying about the system...I read some of it...I don't want to comment on it...I stand by my opinion based on my own personal results and those people I can trust who are using the system also. To this date we have had excellent results with the XPS system. Hard to say otherwise when that's your own personal results...others might say otherwise, but I will not change my opinion based on others'. :)

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

BillSOCAL replied the topic: Re:XPS 2.4GHz Radio System

No worries. XPS has been made aware of the errors, nearly a year ago, but have decided for whatever reason not to correct the chart.

Not trying to step on toes, just make people aware that there is a lot on information to be had on this system.

CC Racing Engines replied the topic: Re:XPS 2.4GHz Radio System

Guys,
I could not agree more with Marc. I have read all of the stuff on those other boards and I will not comment on that either. I will comment on my experience and let you know the guys at XPS are extremely helpful and that I have been using the system for a couple of months now and have not had one problem. If I would have read what was being said about them on other boards before I bought there system I probably would not have purchased it and that would have been a mistake as I love the system. Brent Daily from Propworks West told me about the system and how much more responsive it was then the system he was using and I still waited over a year before I tried it to make sure he would have no problems and he never has.
If you are interested in this system I would suggest calling the guys at XPS and talking with them about any concerns you might have.

www.rcbwc.com

Ego Means Nothing
Talent Means Something
Heart Means Everything

Don't believe what you hear
Believe what you see.

Carlo Catalanotto
www.ccracingengines.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1-504-304-5077

JimDrew replied the topic: Re:XPS 2.4GHz Radio System

There chart on our website is 100% accurate and will not change. You might notice that the chart refers to AIR systems, not surface systems.

Awards so far for XPS controlled boats:

1st place - world champion - cracker box
1st place - NAMBA nationals - thunder boat
3rd place - NAMAB nationals - thunder boat

We know there are a lot more wins out there, so please share with us your victory info! We will be setting up individual pages on our website for pilots/drivers so you can share pictures and information.

Sapes replied the topic: Re:XPS 2.4GHz Radio System

Now granted I'm as new as you can get to rc boating, however not new to rc, and I just purchased the 3PKS because I wanted 2.4 GHz and one remote for my boat and monster truck. From what I have read on this forum and Jim's rc boat dock, I was under the impression that most guys were running the fasst system and not the spektrum because it posed problems. Now I haven't tested my range yet, but have had great success with this radio. Now that I've had the time to read through the manual properly I'm going to activate the fail safe that's build in. It has both a fail safe for loss of transmission, and loss of power from the receiver battery pack. Granted I'm only a sport boater and not a racer, and I supposed your saying you get better response time with the XPS. I just wanted to say I haven't had any problems yet with the fasst system, and I will be sure to post them if I do.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.