Zippkits EasyVee

dkf created the topic: Zippkits EasyVee

** This thread discusses the Content article: Zippkits EasyVee **

Thats a great looking boat. What oz. fiberglass did you use and what kind of epoxy did you use? Do you think the Easy V or the V Box is better suited for a 30cc Pro Mod homelite? I'm freshening up and older WHH Pro Mod 30cc and cleaning up the porting. I was planning on getting the V Box.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marc replied the topic: Re:Zippkits EasyVee

I do not know what oz cloth it is...it is the square weave type sold in Bondo repair kits. Pretty thick stuff. For sealing resin and cloth layup I used West Systems Epoxy 105 with 205 hardener. Other steps of the build used regular 30 minute epoxy and medium CA. This is all detailed in the instructions.

I think either the V-Box or the EasyVee will do well with the 30cc engine. I have not tried the V-Box but did build an I-Box and the build is easy and fun. The EasyVee is faster to build though.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Ronald Olson replied the topic: Re:Zippkits EasyVee

Joe really did his homework on this kit! The bow on the I-Box was the hardest part of that kit yet this one looks a lot easier to do. The additional station up there plus the cut-outs for the lower stringers will make this one a breeze to build.
Little things like the grab handle are also a plus.

So Marc, how did it do in London?

Gary Owens was running the Easy Vee in London. He ran it once in open water and it looked promissing. Did well in the first heat then he got into trouble in the next 2 heats (got cut off) and the boat was too badly damaged to continue. It was a bit on the edge but was running fast and surprisingly handled the race waters pretty well with the modifications done to it. I think he would have probably placed in the top 3 was it not for the incidences.

"

henrik replied the topic: Re:Zippkits EasyVee

Hi all!
New member here, Henrik from Bergen, Norway.

I'm building the easyvee at the moment, and I have some questions for you seasoned builders out there. I bought the kit with hardware from zippkits, and I've got a new Zenoah with clutch, driveshaft, teflon liner and pretty much everything else I need.
What I don't have is a fuel tank. What kind of tank should I use and where do I put it? Should the tank be pressurised from the exhaust like on a nitro engine, or does the carb draw its own fuel?
Water cooling: The Zenoah manual doesn't go into detail on this. How do I hook this all up? There's the cylinder head, the exhaust flange and the header-to-pipe sleeve. Do these all draw water from the one intake on the rudder, or should I put another intake under the hull?
Also, a detailed pcture of the throttle linkage setup would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Henrik

I used a 500ml bag for gas in mine, installed under the motor. If I were to build another one, I think I would cut an opening in the bulkhead just in front of the motor to have enough room to slide the gas bag in there, forward of the engine. I ended up adding some lead weight in there anyway so this would probably make it so little to no additional lead weights were required.

No pressurizing of tank required with Zenoah engines, the Walbro carburetor draws it's own fuel.

For water-cooling routing, if using single water pickup go to engine then pipe system, then out the hull. If using more than one pickup, route one line to engine then out, and the other to pipe system then out. In most cases, one pickup is sufficient. Always go IN the lower fitting and OUT the highest to avoid air traps.

For throttle I use CC Racing mounts with bellcrank setup...see the pictures in this article, I used the same setup on the Easy Vee. For the record, I used drop mounts in both the Insane Mono and the Easy Vee...keeps the weight of the engine lower in the hull. www.modelgasboats.com/Magazine..._Gen3_Mono.html

"

Thanks, that's very helpful!
Is the gas bag simply an IV bag from the hospital?
Also, here in Norway we have available special environmentally friendly fuel for chainsaws and weedwackers. It's acrylate based, and is virtually smoke- and smell free. Would that be suitable for the zenoah ?(it is basically a weedwacker engine, isn't it?).

I don't know about the gas...sorry...I guess it should work since it is in fact basically the same as a weed whacker engine.

Yes on the IV bag...they are medical grade IV bags. You can get some from several sources such as American RC Boats or CC Racing Engines if you can't get them locally.

"

Thanks again for your help. That bag sould be pretty easy to get hold of.
Back to the work bench!

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.