www.rcbwc.com

Ego Means Nothing
Talent Means Something
Heart Means Everything

Don't believe what you hear
Believe what you see.

Carlo Catalanotto
www.ccracingengines.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1-504-304-5077

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bob DeCortin replied the topic: Build quality from engine builder

I think you misunderstood Steve.
Unfortunately I know what Steve is saying.
I'm not talking about the RC industry in the following in particular but it does apply to some of its suppliers.
Until you have owned a manufacturing company with all the over head and tax,EPA,Insurance,Unemployment and labor burden you can not begin to grasp the issue Steve brings up.
Its not what you want to make, its what you have to produce to make to make it profitable enough to stay in business.No one will stay in business giving product away. Its a simple fact, doesn't matter if you do it because you love it or not. You can only charge what the market will bear.
A legitimate business will always have a hard time competing against garage operations that don't have the same financial responsibilities.
Buyers and Purchasing agents buy on price,consumers too.
If you can make 200/hr and meet the expected price point and delivered quality/performance you would be doing the impossible.Its rather naive to think that if people want your goods they will pay an exorbitant price for the sole purpose of feeding your coffers.
Take it as you will.

Jay C replied the topic: Build quality from engine builder

I do my own engines. And have done engines for others. and have said to them. If you want engine mods done Ill do them. You run the engine and see what you think, If your genuinely happy than Ill charge you for it. If your not happy with the mods then you don't pay. Ive never had a person not pay me yet. Im no pro but enjoy moding engines. The same still stands. Ill mod any engine. You don't like it you don't pay. its the fairest way to do it in todays day and age. Just my 2 c WMP Im Australian based and support the engines I mod.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.