WHH Super Sport

Bob DeCortin created the topic: WHH Super Sport

I had this thing kicking around for a while, Needs a little tlc, gel is scuffed here and there.Engine fits good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: WHH Super Sport

Scuffed or not still looks good -- nice to see you building one :cheer: good play boats

Cheers

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwPZIU4nBUUk1CG0xf3TnQ

Bob DeCortin replied the topic: WHH Super Sport

I got from a guy on the dock cheap.My usual brand is AC.

missnmoney replied the topic: WHH Super Sport

i gotta ask.. what is that engine ?

tootalltechie replied the topic: WHH Super Sport

Looks like a fun boat to have fun with, maybe bring someone new into the hobby. Can't wait to hear more. :)

Not sure how it could bring someone new into the hobby. i run on private ponds or secluded ponds with no one around.

If you meant me, well I've been building gas rc boats since 1987.the Super Sport just happened to be the right size and a good deal so I grabbed it.Gotta contact Andy and see if i can get a Rebel Sport 45A.
After gettting bashed and ridiculed for the last 12 years I learned to not discuss four strokes on the forums. but the engine is a Honda GX35. I've been modifying the small Hondas since they came out.

Unfortunately most people try to compare them to two strokes, the real comparison is to other four strokes.
I'm willing to discuss to discuss them here as long as the bs doesn't start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats

tootalltechie replied the topic: WHH Super Sport

That's cool running a small 4 stroke. Glad you have been doing gas boats so long and still with it.

missnmoney replied the topic: WHH Super Sport

Bob , I have no reason to bash your choices of engines.
In fact I like the idea of a 4 stroke.. i did not recognize the head, thats why I asked.
I think most small Honda's are a well built,
My friend fly's everything from small nitro to large 4 strokes, we have many a discussion on the possibilities of building a 4 stroke water cooled boat engine. I say Cool , go for it. I'd like to know more about your ideas on the 4 stroke engine .

One of my favorite sayings " I like to think out of the box, just keep out of my cage " :lol:

I'm not talking about you guys, I'm talking about the select few who troll the forums.
There is more to the hobby of rc boats than race boats and racing.People forget that.

Water cooling is an issue. but there might be something that can be done.I've just run aircooled and don't have problems.But water cooling is not a bad idea.
There was a guy in Australia that tig welded some flat stock around the the top end forming a water jacket, it worked but wasn't pretty. Not every has a tig and can weld non ferrous.

So leaves a couple options that can be done with basic tools. One is wrapping the top end with soft tubing. I'm going to try that on this project.
The other is using flat stock and some JB welded screwed together for a water jacket.
On the Honda you have the option of also cooling the oil reservoir.
I prefer the Honda to the rest, but another engine that would work is the Robin /Subaru.A number of years ago I reviewed all the mini four strokes on the market. Some I bought to get a first hand look.I didn't even consider cantilever crank engines and flat head engines.
At this time the only engine I recommend is a Honda.Parts are easy to get.
3 obstacles are motor mounts,collet and throttle linkage.None are off the shelf but can be made from existing parts or with the mounts, a hack saw and hand drill with careful measuring will give you good mounts.

Speed wise a stock Honda GX25 in my 57" TS mono went 24.6 mph
A stock GX35 in the same boat went .5 mph faster.
The reason is the engines are rpm limited with small carbs. There is no rev limiter in the Honda ignition.
RPM is limited to about 7500. Simply swapping carbs and some basic porting will let it rev to over 9000 this is with a Prather 280 prop IN THE WATER. I don't quote rpm I get on the bench.

Heres a pic of the TS mono with GX35 that had mild port job, bigger carb and mild cam. ran 33-34.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Motorboater

Motorboater replied the topic: WHH Super Sport

"There is more to the hobby of rc boats than race boats and racing.People forget that."

That's why I joined this site, but occasional the bickering still shows through I've noticed. The little four stroke would be somewhat quieter would it?

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.