PROP BALANCER MACHINED FROM BILLET ALUMINUM

Steve Seebold created the topic: PROP BALANCER MACHINED FROM BILLET ALUMINUM

I made 5 pieces about a month ago and I have 2 left.

If I sell out, I can make more. It will take about 2 weeks to work them into the schedule.

I made them from one inch thick aluminum bar stock with an adjustment screw and 4 pound magnets.

I'm asking $75.00 each and they come with our choice of 1/4, 3/16 or 1/8 inch prop shafts. Additional shafts are $15.00 each.

You can reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 714-420-2453

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Whipper Dipper replied the topic: PROP BALANCER MACHINED FROM BILLET ALUMINUM

These are the nicest prop balancers on the market. I bought one years ago and love it!

Steve Seebold replied the topic: PROP BALANCER MACHINED FROM BILLET ALUMINUM

Thank you for the kind words.

I have another run of 15 units on the machine right now. I made a small change on them this time. They should be ready to ship Monday or Tuesday afternoon.

Whipper Dipper, who are you?

Whipper Dipper replied the topic: PROP BALANCER MACHINED FROM BILLET ALUMINUM

Hey Steve,
I'm from the Motor City Model Boat Club. I bought one of these balancers second hand years ago and I'll never need another balancer again. I've also seen some of your other work. Nice stuff!

Thanks for the compliment. My stuff if more expensive than most others, but I absolutely refuse to skimp on quality.

I finished machining 15 balancers yesterday. I'll get them assembled Monday and they'll be ready to ship Tuesday.

For those who purchased balancers from me, I have learned that the points on some of the shafts are not concentric to the shaft diameter.

When I had the shafts made, I had no way to check them, then I got an email from someone who told me that if he balanced his prop in one place on the shaft, it was fine, but if he spun the shaft inside the prop to a different location the balance was off.

I am having some new shafts made, and I WILL replace the shafts for everyone who is having a problem. The shafts I have here run out as much as .007. I can't have a product out there that has a problem like that.

I sincerely apologize for any problems this error may have created.

Steve Seebold

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.