Homebrew Hydro!

Ozpulse created the topic: Homebrew Hydro!

Ive wanted to build a hydro design that Ive had in mind for some time now!
There are 2 of us working on this project at the moment! ;)
I couldnt wait to play with some foam I found at a construction site last week! :laugh:
So heres a sneak peek of the sponsons that I came up with to tie in with the overall design of this beasty!
Any feedback is apreciated!

The rest will be top secret for now! :woohoo:

Awwwww! Your little engine is sooooo cute!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

isuzudude replied the topic: Re:Homebrew Hydro!

Watch him fellas... He's at it again!!! :woohoo: I know the rest of the secret... and I do believe you've hit it right on the head!!! B) That's real close to what I've got, with a little variation to the bottom. B) One of them has got to work!!! That's all I'm saying for now..!! ;)

Woodie replied the topic: Re:Homebrew Hydro!

This is VERY mysterious. Looks like the pontoons for some aeroplane - made of crusty light foam?
Pls help me. I'm confused :silly:

Cheers! :cheer:

Woodie.

isuzudude replied the topic: Re:Homebrew Hydro!

Hey Buddy... You wouldn't believe it if we told you. But one of us is going to make this boat happen B) When Oz first told me about his idea, I just went OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!! And then some other stuff happened that I won't go into details about!!! HAHAHA!!! But I'm sure Chad will let the cat out of the bag when it's time. ;) ANTICIPATION IS A KILLER!!!!!!! B)

Ozpulse replied the topic: Re:Homebrew Hydro!

Ha! I hate being the one to let the cat out of the bag!
They scratch like **** ! :woohoo:
The sponsons were the easy part, now I have a big slab of this foam looking at me just wanting to become the body of the beast! ;)
Im sooooo glad I kept all my different grade rasps etc. from making timber longbows years ago!
We will keep you updated as we progress on this one though! ;)

Moofy07 replied the topic: Re:Homebrew Hydro!

Hey Oz,
They are veeery similar to the ones I am making (secret).Not really I was using a design inspired by some of the early tethered hydros from which I guess is your idea also. Something whch I added was a strip of carbon fibre down the centre for strenght and also to secure the carbon tubes to, this makes the sponson very secure. I also partially covered the sponson with carbon tape and just used resin to tie it all together.
My 2 cents worth.
Cya Moffy

This one is more inspired by something out of this world! ;)
They will be attatched directly to the main body of the hydro not like a rigger with booms.
I do have some carbon rod and your idea sounds good!
I may pass them right through the hull to attatch the sponsons! B)
I have heaps of resin but only a roll 2inch cloth at the moment so not sure how to cover them without wrecking the shape especially the ride surfaces!
Have never worked with foam and cloth before! :blush:

Moofy07 replied the topic: Re:Homebrew Hydro!

Hi Oz,
I can see where you are coming from. With the shape of your ride pads, there is two ways two do it. Firstly you could just cut some of that roll into strips and apply each area singely. Be sure they are flat. Or you could use as I am 1/64 inch ply, it is so light and strong and you don't need to be as exact as tape to obtain those variable flat surfaces. Yes they are also cut to to the individual shapes.
Hope this may be of help.
Moofy
P.S. Does Captain Kirk know of your Enterprise?

<strong>Moofy07 wrote:</strong>
I hope not, he would be on the wrong show! :laugh:
I was going to laminate the ride pads with some thin ply to strengthen the surfaces! ;)
Its the covering of the rest that Im worried about ruining! :S

Wozza_au replied the topic: Re:Homebrew Hydro!

Hi
Maybe this method might work?
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822103
I havn't tried it yet..but as Ive got some cabots leftover from doing my lounge room floor i might have a go at it,after a few weeks of the dogs doing burnouts on the floor I can say its really tuff stuff ;)
Wozza

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.