my rebuild

George abi created the topic: my rebuild

G day fellow hobbyists this is my first gas boat build any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated could any one tell me what type of hull this is what the best hardware to use. The head has numbers engraved on top 182 on the exhaust side and 153 on the carbie side I'm assuming this has something to do with the timing?? Wish I had more time to work on it. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BMAD01 replied the topic: Re: my rebuild

dundill, Looks to me to be an Arrow Shark hull. www.radiocontrol-2005.com/flyi...agon%20Hull.php Your motor has been modified also. She should be fast if setup properly. Unfortunately I have never set one of those hulls up so I can not give you solid advice on the setup. There are a lot of different way's you can go with it. Hopefully someone who's built one will chime in. Good luck, Brian
The following user(s) said Thank You: George abi

George abi replied the topic: Re: my rebuild

Got the linkage done on the carbie I hope this setup is bullet proof any recommendations are welcome. For the receiver box I have modified a tupperware container, It might be a little high for the pipe but I like the way the lid is seals has a button on top
Attachments:

not sure if the prop and rudder are the ideal distance apart should they be one in front of the other not side by side ??
Attachments:

Some progress at last I think the rudder might be too close to the prop should be ok after some adjustments decided to change the carbie linkage from plastic to.aluminium and an iv bag for fuel tank 300 mls should be enough any suggestions be most welcome
Attachments:

Still not sure about the distance between the prop and rudder?????
Attachments:

Dundill, That looks very similar to a Speedmaster rudder setup with a 4" setback you have there. I'm not exactly sure on the rule, but the leading edge of the rudder should be even with or slightly behind the back of the prop. Here are 5 pics of 2 different boats I have built. Both use Speedmaster rudders and the drive setup is different. The first boat has an M+D drive with a 6" extension on the rudder. The second boat is running a Speedmaster extended strut and a 5" extension on the rudder. Both boats have the center of the rudder mounted dead even with the right stringer. I thin you need a longer setback on your rudder. Hope this helps. Brian

[attachment:4]Ready for wet! Round 2 05-24-09 016.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:4]Ready for wet! Round 2 05-24-09 016.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:5]Ready for wet! Round 2 05-24-09 017.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments:

Attachments:

Hi Brian thank you for taking the time to reply, very much appreciated the guy at the hobby shop usually gives me good advice. what would be the effect if I shorten the drive instead of extending the rudder. Your models look great do you build your own boats ?? Thanks once again

I'd leave the stinger alone and just get a longer extension for the rudder. Simple fix. Yes! I build all my boats. The Red one is an AC Razor, and the Yellow one is a Speedcraft mono I just sold. Thanks for the compliment! :cheer: Brian

Sorry about the multiple pics. :dry:

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.