Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

smokeater2005 created the topic: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

I believe I shall call her "Schizotypal" a fitting name as I work @ an inpatient psychiatry unit in a level one trauma hospital.

I will be posting build pictures as I go along, I am near the end of my planning stage and begining to buy and assemble the boat

54"(without hardware) fountain style hull
59cc RCMK K600 twin 14 hp, 4 lbs/ft W/clutch W/custom 2-1 wet exhaust header and pipe
propshop 7022 prop 2.76dia 6.06pitch= up to possible 77mph...
Flysky 3 channel 2.4 ghz radiogear
radio box... whatever will fit my app as there are many to choose from
flex shaft stablizer with oiling tank
custom air scoops and mhz rear vents
trim tabs
EL wire custom fab'd onto bumper rail- red, green, and white for low light driving
IV triple 250ml gas bag setup for even weight spread
MHZ scale fill threw hull nozzel and hardware
various hardware and brackets for good operation

Questions? Comments?

havent decided on outdrive yet... a bonzisports type outdrive or a stinger w/side rudder style outdrive, as I have seen so much info for both good and bad... any comments would help!

Will start posting pics soon!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

Some setup pics with cardboard cutouts showing engine/clutch and radio box, also placement of triple gas bags... and one shot showing airscoop and vents even though I believe I will need more vent area per scott's rule of thumb of 1:3 scoop to vent area...

Let me know what you guys think of design so far?
Attachments:

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

Instead of using led’s for evening boating, I will be making use of "EL wire" for the entire length of the red, green, and white sides respectively.

pics of the "el wire" below

EL Wire: also known as Electroluminescent wire is a stiff wire core coated with phosphor and then covered with a protective PVC
Attachments:

monstrosity replied the topic: Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

looks and sounds good have a few suggestions that might help

just block one of the airscoops so its a dummy to get your hull presssurization ( is that a word? ) down. probably only need one open on the opposite side to your carby intake.

just go with one fuel bag if possible . I personally only use 1 liter bag and cause its in front of the motor and pickup at rear of the bag the natural g force of acceleration keeps feed to carb even if i havnt burped all the air out remember the KISS principal. The more fuel lines and couplings you have to link it all together the more chances of failure IMO.

i am not to keen on the reciever but that being said i have never used fly-sky.
if its a ground reciever for cars they dont work too well in boats. I use Futaba and recievers like the R603FS which has two antanea and switches between them continuosly so less chance of loss of signal has built in failsafe as well

you dont want your new boat Ghosting into the far bank on debut lol

i have thought about thru hull filling but again KISS good for BLING BLING factor but another part to fail and let air into system i have seen these fail on nitro and cause all sorts of tuning issues untill was removed and problems went away that being said the MHZ ones are probably better than DUBRO

Havent used EL wire but looks good what sort of pwer /volts does it need?

just some thought and others may be different but its sometimes good to collect lots of info and then learn from others mistakes/success

good luck with the build as they say" Half the fun is in building it, the other half is trying to work out where it all went wrong" lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: smokeater2005

Good idea on the dummy air scoops!

I know I am testing "Murphy’s Law” with the multiple gas bag setup but I know that getting this boat to balance at 30% is going to include the gas weight also... see cardboard cut out pic and the sharpy marker spot on the stringer is the 30% mark...

I have heard mostly real good things about the 3ch. 2.4 ghz fly-sky, but of course I will be using a failsafe and checking my distance and all that good stuff. i will however report back and let you know how my 60$ 2.4 ghz tx-rx combo is doing...

yeah, the MHZ ones even cut off flow to the carbs to prevent flooding as one fills the tank/bags... plus any mistakes can be washed of the surface instead of contained in the hull with explosion possibilities.
EL WIRE INFO
“EL Wire, also known as Electroluminescent wire is a stiff wire core coated with phosphor and then covered with a protective PVC sheath. When an AC signal is applied to it, it glows an aqua (blue green) color. It looks a little like thin neon. Very bendable, it keeps its shape and you can curl it around your finger. Its an easy way to add some glow to a project, not as bright as LEDs but uses a lot less power!
We've got 2.6mm thickness EL wire, with a clear coat, pre-cut and soldered to a standard quick-connect EL wire. It is made with the latest technology and twice as bright as 'standard' 2.3mm EL - running it at 1.5KHz/90V it emits 150 cd/m^2 or light and a half-life (50% brightness reduction) after 3000 hours of continuous use. Draws about 10mA per meter. The capacitance is about twice that of 'standard' EL, 11 nF/m so if you're using an inverter, it will drive only half as much high brightness wire as standard.

Often used for costuming, decoration, accent lighting, safety vests, bicycle/motorcycle/car/boat/home decoration, signs, etc! This wire is not designed explicitly for outdoor use so it will fade if continuously exposed to UV.”

I do agree that the build is almost more fun that it will be when I’m done!

monstrosity replied the topic: Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

Not saying they dont work (Fly sky )but when i've used car recievers in boats i have found interferance
You might find that with the power of the Rcmk600 and the monster rooster tail of water it will produce you can sometimes get the Rf signal bouncing and reflected of the water causing Glitches especialy when entering turn at the far end of the lake.
i wonder if anyone else has the same problem ?( i race in a saltwater marina)
Hence i only trust name brands FUTABA, JR, HITEC, MULTIPLEX etc
The following user(s) said Thank You: smokeater2005

Pic and part update...
Ebay radio box for 35$...shiping included...

Construction pics of the air scoops!

I hate international shipping...lol
Attachments:

Another pic
Attachments:

Another pic, sorry but I just don't have that much time till after the college semester let's out in may! Then I will def get cracken with this and other projects!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.