× Pictures, videos, questions and/or comments about MGB products. Share your builds and feedback.

MGB Warpath ... Gas Rigger / rigging and set up info

Scott replied the topic: Re: MGB Warpath ... Gas Rigger / rigging and set up info

Ok, some near final rigging close ups and explanations ....

Used a couple cone washers upside down on rear booms screws to create a catch for a single rubber band crossed over making an X to retain fuel bag.

On cooling water line placed an inline valve so water flow can be restricted in cooler climate and engine heat can be better managed.
( This just a double barb garden "Drip irrigation" part )

Where stuffing tube LOG exited bulkhead took a slit saw and cut into it @ 1/4" lengthwise.
Doing so allowed a 11/32" split collar to go around it and when tightened firmly hold the 5/16" stuffing tube within it from moving.
Radio on/off switch mount ( Dubro Quickswitch ) placed top middle of engine side bulkhead for easy access.
Push rod seals the most excellent "Prather" now sold by Hyperformance products. 2-56 size on throttle & 4-40 on steering.
Sullivan ball lock clevis for throttle bell crank connection.

Being I have chosen to place all radio gear in forward box, steering push rod seal ends up on interior of rear box.

Now with the steering push rod needing some wiggle room exiting transom and really no simple way in placing another push rod seal there will just leave the rear box unsealed. ( it still will provide flotation when lid is taped up so really not worried ... tho being the dead space in there cut down a piece of pool noodle and stuffed it along side push rod. ( If tail weight is required the noodles hollow core is ideal for a few fishing sinkers ;) )

Started thinking HOW LONG the steering push rod was and figured it being supported would take away any chances of flex or vibration. Short piece of nylon 4-40 guide tube threw a wood block secured to tubs side was just the ticket.

Also a bit of extra flotation added under tank cover ...

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: Re: MGB Warpath ... Gas Rigger / rigging and set up info

Waiting to see a cool oil tank or ??? Grease ??

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwPZIU4nBUUk1CG0xf3TnQ

Scott replied the topic: Re: MGB Warpath ... Gas Rigger / rigging and set up info

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats wrote:
Going to be GREASE, just no room for any oiler on this one.
Also because of square drive having stuffing tube end before strut an oiler would be really messy and likely not that efficient.
So grease on cable and a shot into strut threw a hole between bearings will have to do :S

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
Attachments:

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: Re: MGB Warpath ... Gas Rigger / rigging and set up info

Collars

Do u guys know where I can find a set of boom tube collars - perfer blue

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
Attachments:

marc replied the topic: Re: MGB Warpath ... Gas Rigger / rigging and set up info

I think Bob English of G-force Riggers was selling those at one time. Think he goes by G Force Hydros on Jim's. Not 100% certain though.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Thanks Guys I talked to Bob on Jim's today and he has a blue set I can get

I hope 5/8" was right cause that's what he had. I checked tubes and looked like 5/8" to me

I need to find that little 11/32" collar that Scott used for a clamp on the stuffing tube. Then I actually have a weekend I can work on it

Still deciding on strut/rudder yet --- Would a taper rudder work?

Thanks for all the help - hope mine is 1/2 as cool as Scott's

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats

That split collar started life as a 5/16" :P Placed some shim stock in the gap of both sides while tightening screws, put in the lathe chuck running a 11/32" drill threw it ;) .... You should be able to find 11/32" split collars too.

marc replied the topic: Re: MGB Warpath ... Gas Rigger / rigging and set up info

Check out GasRCProducts for the stuffing tube clamp...Vince has some real nice ones.. I have a few here that I will be using on some future builds. Check out this article on the front page and scroll down a bit they're there. www.modelgasboats.com/New_Prod..._GasRCProducts/

Boom tubes are 5/8" O.D. so you should be good... that's pretty much standard for aluminum booms.

If you can, use the round bottom extended SM strut as in the instructions. As for the rudder, I prefer the straight blades. I haven't tried the tapered blade on the Warpath. It would probably work ok though. My Bullet used to run with a tapered blade. As do many riggers. *** Not hard to switch to a straight blade if you don't like how the tapered one performs later on. :)

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Gasgasgas replied the topic: Re: MGB Warpath ... Gas Rigger / rigging and set up info

One any of you guys have time to build one of these kits for me . Just to the point were stuffing tube is installed , engine mount rubbers installed and drill for speedmaster hardware . Sealed and ready for my paint . Sadly we lost everything we had in a home fire this year and the shop was attached to the house and lost all my tools and saws , clamps you name it !!! We where renting this house and the landlord didn't have but just the bare minuim insurance so we only got enough to replace cloths , household goods etc. we lost around 100k in 17yrs of family possessions . Never again will I ever rent !!! Anyway not looking for charity just don t have tools to build it . Thanks

How much u looking to spend if u want a rigger ??

Randy

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.